[opencms-dev] FCKedit: Null characters also 6.2.1

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Jun 6 18:17:00 CEST 2006

> As I know, it's java problem.
>
> You should set the content-encoding property of your file in OpenCms to the
> right one first. By default, the OpenCms content-encoding is UTF-8, it may
> cause the problem you described during copy and paste a content to an
> OpenCms editor.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shi Yusen

Hi Shi,

at least on my computer everything was proper UTF-8 and my opencms is also running with UTF-8.
I spent days looking for strange characters and in the end I even put together a small utf-8 checker from code I found on the web.

I also isolated the places without which the errors stopped happening and checked the binary encoding - all was proper utf-8 and before the 1st roundtrip the pages contained no 0x00-characters.

Finally I found out that - at least for me - that somewhere INSIDE the Jtidy library these null characters were inserted.

Regards
Christian