[opencms-dev] CmsDbSqlException?

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Jun 7 19:12:15 CEST 2006

Yes, it looks like a pool management problem.  I'm no expert in this area,
but I don't think maxActive would do it.

Before I send you on a wild goose chase, I suppose there's nothing odd about
the property "Hidden" you're defining on resources?  First thing to try
might be to remove the property definition (use
Workplace/Administration/Content Tools) then re-apply it - the old 'turn it
off then turn it back on' trick!  This would affect all resources, so it
depends how sensitive your content data is at the moment.

Failing that, I found one other reference from a while back, though this
doesn't give you much:

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/015702.html

The next thing I'd try is looking at config parameters available to DBCP
(the pooling library which OpenCms is using here).  The DBCP project is at

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

and I presume many if not all of the config parameters would be honoured if
you put them in opencms.properties.  If they're not honoured directly in the
form DBCP expects them, you could try digging around in OpenCms source code
to find out how it uses them.

But hopefully another reader has met the problem before and sorted it out...

Jon