[opencms-dev] Re: apache2 + mod_jk + tomcat4: login problem

Mike Insch mike.insch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:44:21 CEST 2006

> From: "Francisco Lopera" <flopera at encamina.com>
> Subject: [opencms-dev] apache2 + mod_jk + tomcat4: login problem
> To: <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
>
> Hello.
>
> I try use the config of this page:
> http://opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=713
>
> Hello  I have followed the configuration of this page to eliminate
> /opencms/opencms of the URL and to make the access easiest.
>
> This is my config:
>
> Debian sarge 3.1 estable:
>
> Apache 2 (Debian package) Version: 2.0.54-5
> Tomcat 4 (Debian package) Version: 4.1.31-3
> mod_jk/1.2.6
>
> Everything seems to work until position well the screen of login. Login is
> displaying correctly, but when I try login, login does not work and I cannot
> enter Opencms Workplace. Despite I navigate by the zone "Online" without no
> problem.
>
> I enter log and password, but when I press the login button, the login
> screen is redisplayed.

I had similar problems with my OpenCms 6 installation.  I eventually
tracked this down to the way the redirections are done.  When you
submit the form, the browser sends a POST to /opencms/login.html (or
wherever your login form is), which is redirected to /login.html.
After being redirected, the browser sends a GET request with none of
the entered data, and the form is redisplayed.

The simplest solution is to add a couple of additional lines to your
httpd.conf file as follows:

    ProxyPass /opencms/login.html http://127.0.0.1:8082/opencms/login.html
    ProxyPassReverse /opencms/login.html
http://127.0.0.1:8082/opencms/login.html

These _must_ be placed above the line which reads:

    ProxyPass         /opencms/   !

Substiture the URI of your login form, and the port your site is
accessed on, save your changes and restart Apache.  You will need to
do this for all forms you use or create.

HTH,
--
Regards, Mike Insch, DipHE