[opencms-dev] feature questions

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Jun 11 16:31:27 CEST 2006

Jody Brooks schrieb:
> I did not find readily answers on the opencms website nor did I find answers in the mailing list archive so I want to ask if/how opencms handles the following:
> 1. global text changes within large amounts of content
There is a good zip-based export mechanism and yet another good sync
mechanism with a filesystem folder.
After exporting, you can do whatever you like (I find JEDIT very
practical, because it has good multi-file regexp search and replace
capabilities  [you should use latest STABLE release - 4.2 which is
stable and much more mature than 4.3beta]
> 2. branching and merging large sets of content
???
I'm afraid you have to elaborate on that.
> 3. running opencms.war in a clustered app server environment
there is a commercial module package called "opencms enterprise edition"
(OCEE) for this by Alkcacon (alkacon.com)
> 4. bulk import/migration of existing html into the system and out of
> the system
see above
> 5. many concurrent users, how many?"
sorry, can't tell - anybody out there with a large user base?
hope that helps
christian