[opencms-dev] Real rich text editing in XML content

Jan.Hegewald at sdm.de Jan.Hegewald at sdm.de
Wed Jun 14 16:45:20 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I have a question concerning XML content types. As far as I can see, the most flexible datatype for text as XML content is OpenCmsHtml. My problem is, that the corresponding widget does only allow very basic formatting and no insertion of pictures or - more important - even links into the text. If I want to have links in that article, I have to have separate fields for it in the XML content type definition, but this would deny the user to place links in the text where he wants them. To put it short: I need the full fledged HTML editor for single fields of structured content as well.
Is there a possibility to get this working?

The background is that I'd like to create an XML content type for articles with separate fields for Title, Teaser Text, Main Text and so on, but also with the capability of putting links into the Main Text of the article at any location (or even pictures and stuff like that). I believe this should be a quite common requirement.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Yours,
Jan Hegewald