[opencms-dev] Navigation Issues

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Jun 16 17:23:04 CEST 2006

Sorry; I didn't pick up on the fact you're starting from an example
template.  All I meant was that you may have to  write your own code in
left_nav.jsp rather than relying on template methods.  That may mean digging
around in the API and writing Java (as opposed to taglib stuff).

There are lots of useful methods in CmsJspNavBuilder which might start you
off:

<%
	// Start from the usual place for writing OpenCms JSP scriptlets:
	CmsJspActionElement cmsJspActionElement = new CmsJspActionElement();
	cmsJspActionElement.init(pageContext, request, response);

	// Get a CmsJspNavBuilder and do with it what you will:
	navigationBuilder = new CmsJspNavBuilder(cmsObject);

	/*	And see the API for CmsJspNavBuilder for ideas:

http://www.opencms.org/export/javadoc/core/org/opencms/jsp/CmsJspNavBuilder.
html
	*/
%>