[opencms-dev] Workspace Default Language

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Jun 18 15:08:00 CEST 2006

Mr Alireza Fattahi schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I want to change the default locale of workspace. I opened
> opencms-workplace.xml file and changed
> <defaultlocale>fa</defaultlocale>. But nothing happened! I still see
> the login page in default en. I can change the locale in "Preferences"
> Menu and every thing work fines when I log in.
>
> Any comment!
>
> Regards,
> Alireza Fattahi
>
> The all-new Yahoo! Mail
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/nowyoucan/free_from_isp/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40565/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html>
> goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
> provider.
The language of your login page depends on your browser settings.
You can set the languages, that your browser asks for. This tells the
websites out there which languages you would like to have, if there is
any choice. So check, if "fa" is set as desired language in your browser
settings and if its priority is higher than english.

Only after logging in, opencms will take the language settings from the
general configuration and your user settings.

hope that helps
Christian