[opencms-dev] Export on Demand for Photo Album

Jo Verelst jove at computersupport.be
Mon Jun 19 13:51:50 CEST 2006

Hi list,

We are setting up our OpenCms (6.2) Environment on Linux + Apache +
Tomcat for the first time.

On this environment we have one issue that we do not have on our Windows
+ Tomcat configuration.

If we create a Photo Album and go to the website without logging in
(online project) the thumbnail and detail images are not 'exported on
demand'. So they are showing a nice little blank square.

Because we have set the image gallery to export flag = true, the link
behind the images is
http://host.be/export/myinternalstructure/myname.jpg_85374843.jpg
<http://host.be/export/myinternalstructure/myname.jpg_85374843.jpg>

If we do a static export, the thumbnail images are created however, but
not the detail images.

On our Windows environment we can see the myname.jpg_34535243.jpg
versions of the images are created as soon as we open the page, so here
the 'on demand' really works.

Does any of you have an idea on what this can cause or in what direction
we have to look, or anybody experienced similar problems?

(Does this exportondemand thing happen somewhere in the substituteLink
method in the CmsLinkManager or am I whay off?)

TIA,

Jo Verelst

Computer support NV : www.computersupport.be

Empowering your Business Through IT.

De inhoud van dit email bericht, samen met zijn attachments, is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde en kan vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden zonder toestemming is verboden. De afzender staat niet in voor de juistheid en volledigheid van de overbrenging van een verzonden email, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan. Deze email en bijbehorende bijlages zijn gescand op aanwezigheid van computervirussen met een actuele virusscan.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this email nor for any delay in its receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by an up to date virusscan for the presence of computer viruses.