[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.2.1 installation problem with PostgreSQL 8.1.4

Codarin Ivan ivan.codarin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 11:06:00 CEST 2006

Hi,
I had a similar problem uploading 30MB files with Xmx2048M and Xms1024M!
I think the problem is the jdbc driver and how it manages bytea fileds
(blobs) and not Opencms. This happens with big files  and low memory for
the JVM; so, for example, you can upload 1000 photos of 1.5MB, but it's
difficult to upload 1 video file of 30 MB.
I'm looking for a workaround on the pgsql-jdbc list; for example

2004 post
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-04/msg00127.php

2006 post
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-06/msg00030.php

In these posts there are code snippets to patch the driver for 7.4 and
8.x... but I want to understand if these line of codes are part of the
current build.

I keep you informed.
Ivan