[opencms-dev] problem with FCKeditor in OpenCms6.2.1

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Jun 29 07:56:55 CEST 2006

Roland -

Christian Steinert came up with a solution to this one in posts on this list
a few weeks ago - you could search e.g. at Nabble
(http://www.nabble.com/OpenCMS---Dev-f654.html) for 'invalid xml character'.

JTidy is already used in OpenCms and may be the cause of the problem.
Christian's workaround involved recompiling it from source, and using the
recompiled version instead; that seemed to fix the problem.  I don't believe
we ever sorted out exactly why, but it's almost certainly a character
encoding problem - maybe Christian's compilation was UTF-8 but the JTidy
distribution wasn't.

Jon

  _____