[opencms-dev] Java Version for OpenCMS 6.2.1

Anthony Roy aroy at hpi.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 13:02:58 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I am evaluating OpenCMS for use in our company, and have discovered an
issue when trying to access some of the pages (modulesdemo for example).
Now the website states that OpenCMS was tested with Java 1.4 and 1.5,
however the stacktrace that I get starts like this:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.lang.StringBuffer.insert(ILjava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Strin
gBuffer;

Now looking through the 1.4 and 1.5 API's the StringBuffer.insert(int
dstOffset, CharSequence s) method was not introduced until Java 1.5.

Any ideas what is going on here? It is a problem for us, since we will
need to run on IBM's websphere which does not run on Java 5...

Could this be resolved perhaps by installing an earlier version of
OpenCMS?

Thanks,

Anthony Roy.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of HPI Limited. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify postmaster at hpi.co.uk.This message has been scanned by Anti-Virus. Recipients are advised to apply their own virus checks to this message on delivery.