[opencms-dev] Bad performances problem with queries in the database

m.lambin at crelan.be m.lambin at crelan.be
Thu Jun 29 16:08:04 CEST 2006

We tried the performances testing with an apache, but the remains the same.

For the maximum cache size, for these tests it's not the problem, we see
that it's never full because we use a few pages.
We don't know how the flexcache works.

We don't know why nobody has this problem...

             "Joe Desbonnet"
             <jdesbonnet at gmail
             Sent by:                  "The OpenCms mailing list"
             opencms-dev-bounc         <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
             es at opencms.org                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             29/06/2006 15:55          Re: [opencms-dev] Bad performances
                                       problem with queries in the
                                       database
             Please respond to
              joe at galway.net;
             Please respond to
                The OpenCms
               mailing list
             <opencms-dev at open
                 cms.org>

Ideally flex cache should configurable to use a disk cache instead of
memory. In modern operating systems disk access is cached in spare
memory anyway.

As I mentioned in a previous post Apache can be configured to use a
memory or disk cache in mod_proxy, but I have no idea how well that
works with OpenCms.

Joe.

On 6/29/06, François-Léonard Gilbert <gilbertf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm...   I am not yet familiar with Flexcache operation, but isn't 8 Mb
> little short for a 10 000 page website?  What is the average size of your
> pages?
>
>  The pros may have a different opinion, but 800 Mb max size may be more
> appropriate, with an average of 300 Mb.  Of course, if all that cache
space
> gets shoved in the swap drive of the OpenCms server, you will have a
> performance hit, but less than from the avalanche of connections on the
DB