[opencms-dev] problem upgrading to 6.2.1

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Jun 30 15:45:14 CEST 2006

Dong, Roland schrieb:
> Christian,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.  You are exactly right, somehow not all
> jars are copied over during the upgrade process.  so that problem is
> solved.  Well, the grading is done but still have problems.
>
> First of all, we have problem with the new FCK editor when copying and
> pasting from a word doc. As we know, it is caused by the character
> encoding problem.  At the suggestion of Jon of the list, I have
> emailed you for the  JTidy jar you have comed up with.  I have not
> heard from you yet so could you send that to me?  Thanks,
should have reached you by now :-)
Sorry - it took a while to write this up.

> My other problem is our publishing script no longer works after the
> upgrade. I haven't found a solution yet.  Keep getting  "Critical
> error during OpenCms initialization: Unable to read the OpenCms XML
> configuration"
How i love this message...
Whenever I have something like this, I either
- try to remember which files and which places therein have changed
OR
- I revert to an older configuration (Opencms will make several backups
of the config) and then fill in what I think I have changed afterwards.
If this error is there directly since your upgrade, then I don't know.
For me the upgrade did not destroy my config - only my own manual
editing did so from time to time.

> I believe some jar files in lib/ doesn't work well with CmsShell.  If
> I replace all jar files in  lib/ with the older version then the
>  works.    Any one has any problmes with CmsShell after the upgrade?
I had 2 issues with the shell
1.) opencms.sh  contains windows linebreaks. It will not execute, unless
this is fixed
2.) the shell does not seem to work with Java 1.4, but works fine for me
with 1.5 (there has been some recent discussion about a Java 1.4
compatibility package, but I have never tried it).

Also: On a redhat server a while ago I had the "problem" with an
Incorrect JAVA_HOME that pointed to Gnu Java instead of Sun Java. Try
    java -version
to find out if you use the Java you think you are using, because Gnu
Java did not work - at least for my cms shell.

> Thanks,
>
> Roland

hth
christian