[opencms-dev] argh! Unable to view contents of a single folder in the workspace...

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Sat Jul 1 00:22:43 CEST 2006

On 30/06/2006, at 11:30 PM, Christian Steinert wrote:

> Could it be that a resource type is used, that is not known anymore
> by the system?

Nope. Literally happened in the middle of using the workplace... and
uses the same resource types as other folders.

> check the source code of the window, where the files should be
> listed and where you see "nothing".
> Compare the javascript code with the code of a folder view where
> you see someting.

It's the same.

> You might also want to export the files.
> There are several ways for this
> - synchronize the folder down with the synchronization tool (I
> think you can configure that in the "Workplace Tools" section of
> the opencms Admin view)
> - OR: export the whole database with the database tools
> - OR: export the whol database or part of it with the Cms shell
>
> After that you can look into the metadata file that has been
> exported in any of these ways.
>
> Maybe this will give you some clue.

That's what we ended up doing. exporting the database, deleting the
folder and re-uploading them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish we weren't so close to our
deadline, otherwise I would have tried to bug report this more
thoroughly...

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.