[opencms-dev] Opencms 6 Navigation Issue...

Colin Coolidge colincoolidge at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 20:17:44 CEST 2006

I'm trying to change the code below to "hard code" static folders for navigation elements.Right now I'm using:

  ___________________________________

  <%@ page import="java.util.*" %><%
  // Create a JSP action element
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement cms = new org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
  // Get a simple navigation of all pages / subfolders in the current folder
List list = cms.getNavigation().getNavigationForFolder();
Iterator i = list.iterator();

  out.println("");

  while (i.hasNext()) {
    org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspNavElement ne = (org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspNavElement)i.next();
    out.println("<a class=\"menuItem\" href=\"" + cms.link(ne.getResourceName()) + "\">");
    out.println(ne.getTitle() + " ");
    out.println("</a>");
}
out.println("");
%>

  to make a navigation of the current folder. I would like to use some like the getNavigationforResource() function to hard code in 4 specific folders. IE: something like this.. getNavigationforResource(/sites/default/parksandrecreation/)  . Basically I'm making top nav pulldown menus dynamically with the getNavigation stuff and have four hard coded departments.

  PS: I've been looking through the Alkon docs and really need a sample of the syntax.

  thanks!