[opencms-dev] CmsTemplateBean cannot be resolved to a type

maria.freixes_graells at alcatel.es maria.freixes_graells at alcatel.es
Tue Jul 11 19:17:58 CEST 2006

Hello everybody!!

We're trying to use the examples from the
org.opencms.frontend.templateone, in order to create a new module.
After the modifications for adapting the files to our new module, we've
launched the /system/modules/es.alcatelmsd.aww/templates/main that
starts with: <%@page buffer="none" session="false" import="java.util.*,
es.alcatelmsd.aww.*" %><%

// initialize action element to access the API
CmsTemplateBean cms = new CmsTemplateBean(pageContext, request, response);

if (cms.template("head")) {

    String resPath = cms.getResourcePath();

    // fill property Map with parameters for included navigation elements
    cms.putNavigationProperties();

    String headImgUri = "";
    String headImgHeight = "";
    String headImgLinkHeight = "0";

But it fails at the first line saying:

An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file:
/WEB-INF/jsp/offline/system/modules/es.alcatelmsd.aww/templates/main.jsp
Generated servlet error:
CmsTemplateBean cannot be resolved to a type

Any idea about this problem?

Thanks and best regards,
Maria