[opencms-dev] Translating the workflow view

Mr Alireza Fattahi afattahi at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 16:36:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

Thanks for comment! It helped!
Comment for others:

I did below:

   Stop Tomcat

   Opened the org.opencms.legacy.jar file and dig into com\opencms\workplace folder and found the copied the workplace.properties.
   Make a workplace_fa.properties and made my translations.
   Copyed back workplace_fa.properties to org.opencms.legacy.jar in com\opencms\workplace folder
   Restart Tomcat

Note all the entities in workplace.properties should be translated, because this file is only used by workflow, keep looking for keys named tasks.
Alo please note that the keys in this file is different than new still of keys that is used in OpenCms 6.0.

Regards,
Alireza Fattahi

Florian Hopf <hopf at synyx.de> wrote: Hi,

Mr Alireza Fattahi schrieb:

> We are trying to translate workplace. And we translated almost all of
> the property files including
> org\opencms\workplace\commons\messages.properties.
>
> The “Explorer” and “Administration” views display the translated keys.
> The problem is with "Workflow" view. When we switch to workflow view
> the English labels are viewed.
> Should we change any configurations files too?!
The workflow view is implemented using the org.opencms.legacy jar. I
played around with it a bit, but I think the only way to translate it is
to add your properties to the jar (the english and german ones are there
also). On one installation we had a problem that the workflow view was
displayed in english but the rest of OpenCms in german. I didn't look at
it in detail but I had the feeling that the legacy.jar handles Locales
differently than the rest of OpenCms.
I would be interested if you come up with another solution.

Kind regards
Florian Hopf