[opencms-dev] Folder Inconsistency between Online and Offline project.

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Jul 13 08:19:10 CEST 2006

Tane Potaka schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> We have a folder that exists in our offline project. This folder has a
> duplicate in the online project that doesn't show up in the offline
> project.  This is causing our site to show the same folder twice in the
> published online project such that it looks like this:
>
> OFFLINE PROJECT:
>
> foldername      Folder Title      Type
> DateLastModified....................
>
> ONLINE PROJECT:
>
> foldername      Folder Title      Type
> DateLastModified....................
> foldermane      Folder Title      Type
> DateLastModified....................
>

> I need to delete the folder in the online project. How can I do that
> since the duplicate doesn't appear in the offline project making it
> impossible to delete.

- do a backup of your database
- try to use the synchronization feature (under Admin view; Workplace
tools) and sync your content out to the real filesystem
- edit the metadata file and remove references to whatever seems to be
corrupt
- use synchronization again to import your changed metadata

hope that helps
Christian