[opencms-dev] Folder Inconsistency between Online and Offline project.

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jul 13 22:47:38 CEST 2006

On 13/07/2006, at 4:19 PM, Christian Steinert wrote:

> - do a backup of your database
> - try to use the synchronization feature (under Admin view; Workplace
> tools) and sync your content out to the real filesystem
> - edit the metadata file and remove references to whatever seems to be
> corrupt
> - use synchronization again to import your changed metadata

We ended up resolving it like this after some excellent help from
Alkacon (support for the VFS Doctor alone has been worth the cost of
the OCEE package for us. We've been really really impressed with
Alkacon support and I highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking
about it)

Running these two SQL queries (I'm using MySQL) isolated the orphaned
resource at "/futurestudents/postgradcoursework/"

SELECT
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.STRUCTURE_ID,
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.PARENT_ID,
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID,
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH
FROM
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE,
CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES
WHERE
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH LIKE '%/futurestudents/
postgradcoursework%'
AND
CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID = CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_ID;

(returned 8 rows)

SELECT
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE.STRUCTURE_ID,
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE.PARENT_ID,
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID,
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH
FROM
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE,
CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCES
WHERE
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH LIKE '%/futurestudents/
postgradcoursework%'
AND
CMS_OFFLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID = CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_ID;

(returned 7 rows)

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.