[opencms-dev] upgrade wizard - did I hose my system?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Sat Jul 15 04:14:47 CEST 2006

On 15/07/2006, at 2:57 AM, Christian Steinert wrote:

> I think you must run http://cms.mysite.de:8080/update/
> Otherwise you ask the main opencms servlet for a VFS folder called
> /update - rather than calling the update wizard.

Does anyone else who runs the Apache2 + mod_proxy setup for multiple
sites have problems with the update wizards?

Each time I've tried it, I can't get the update wizard to go through
all the steps unless I back out my changes to opencms-system.xml so
that I can access the site directly through Tomcat at http://my.site:
8080/opencms/, rather than through the mod_proxied http://my.site/

 From memory it is step 4 that usually poses the problem.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.