[opencms-dev] upgrade wizard - did I hose my system?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Jul 15 14:08:52 CEST 2006

Nigel Kersten schrieb:

> On 15/07/2006, at 2:57 AM, Christian Steinert wrote:
>
>> I think you must run http://cms.mysite.de:8080/update/
>> Otherwise you ask the main opencms servlet for a VFS folder called
>> /update - rather than calling the update wizard.
>
> Does anyone else who runs the Apache2 + mod_proxy setup for multiple
> sites have problems with the update wizards?
>
> Each time I've tried it, I can't get the update wizard to go through all
> the steps unless I back out my changes to opencms-system.xml so that I
> can access the site directly through Tomcat at
> http://my.site:8080/opencms/, rather than through the mod_proxied
> http://my.site/
>
> From memory it is step 4 that usually poses the problem.

Sorry, I just work with the AJP connector - without proxying, so I don't
have any directly relevant experience.

Did you configure your proxy settings for /update/ or only for /opencms/?

Because if your proxy maps
  my.site/    to    my.site:8080/opencms/

then without further configuration concerning update
  my.site/update/    would map to      my.site:8080/opencms/update
(which is obviously not what you want, you effectively want
my.site:8080/update/ )

Regards
Christian