[opencms-dev] Starting with TemplateOne or not [Was :How to make a multilingual enabled site by usingTemplateOne]

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Tue Jul 18 07:07:10 CEST 2006

TemplateOne is useful as a means of finding out how things can be done, but
I got rid of it as soon as possible.  It's hard enough customising a package
without having to customise someone else's customisation... too many layers
for my liking!

That said, if you're going to implement your own version of things like news
articles, it does mean you'll end up reinventing the wheel a bit.  I guess
one way to decide whether this is worthwhile or not is to work out how
different the requirements are from those which TemplateOne meets.

fyi, here's the set of modules I use as a base install for 6.2.1:

- no documentation modules, no TemplateOne modules
- OpenCms Editors: OpenCms 6 Common editors (1.2.0) (required for any editor
module)
- OpenCms Editors: OpenCms 6 FCKeditor WYSIWYG editor plugin (1.2.0)
- OpenCms Online Help: OpenCms 6 Workplace english online help (1.2.0)
- OpenCms Online Help: OpenCms 6 Workplace online help - Base module (1.2.0)
- all modules whose names begin 'OpenCms Workplace' (except perhaps layout
page and photo album modules)

Jon