[opencms-dev] M$ sqlserver + 6.2.1?

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Wed Jul 19 16:36:27 CEST 2006

Hello,

See my answers below:

Marcus Popetz wrote:
> Hey all,
>     I'm currently running a patched version of 6.0.3 with the changes
> to support sqlserver.  It works great.
I have provided the patch for MS-SQL but is not added yet to the opencms
release because it was not tested.
There is a unit test included in the CVS version and mssql did NOT
passed this unit tests yet.
I haven't had the time to do these tests with mssql and since there is
no mssql opencms installs for our customers
this is not a priority for me :(
So if you or anybody else is willing to do the tests that would be the
first step to have mssql in future releases
of opencms.

> Now our client wants to upgrade to 6.2.1.
>
> Couple of questions:
>
> 1)  Did the sqlserver fixes ever get rolled into the new releases?
As far as I know not.

> if not
>
> 2)  Anyone tried to patch 6.0.1 and then cvs update all the way to
> 6.2.1 and build?
I haven't tried it yet but I think You can patch the same way the 6.2.1
build as the 6.0.1

> or
>
> 3)  The upgrade wizard?  I assume it will overwrite the patched jar
> though....?
I think using the upgrade wizard will  be problem. I think it would be
better to export all your
modules and site pages from the Administration view,
patch the 6.2.1 version and do a clean install and import all back.

> -mp
Best regards,
Andras.