[opencms-dev] resource lock

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Jul 26 02:46:26 CEST 2006

Javier González Pérez schrieb:

> I have found something strange in opencms 6.1.2.
>     If I lock a resource and then I restart my Tomcat the resource is not
>     locked. When you restat the Tomcat every user lose their locks?
>     This means that the lock of the resources are not save in the Data
> Base?
>     Is this correct? or it is an error?

This is correct. Since version 6.0 all locks are only kept in memory.
If the server is restarted, then  the locks are removed again, because
they are not stored in the database anymore.

I think there is even a type of lock that is already released, if the
*user* who locked it logs out, but normally logs are freed only, if the
server (or application) restarts.

Regards
Christian