[opencms-dev] opencms 6 | problem mapping urls (w/o apache)

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Jul 26 09:16:33 CEST 2006

Christian Steinert wrote:
> Claus Priisholm schrieb:
>> If it is a rewrite filter you want, this one might do the trick:
>> http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
>>

> Dear Claus
>
> This looks interesting. Have you had any experience with this?
>
> It seems to be a redirecter/rewriter like mod_proxy, so if I understand
> correctly, then this filter would not change any CONTENT - it would not
> rewrite hrefs inside a html page to point to the "nicer" link.
> Correct?
>

> Christian

As I understand it, UrlRewrite is modelled over mod_rewrite rather than
mod_proxy, which - as far as the url rewrite capabilities goes - is a
good thing. But it also means that only deals with rewriting the request
url, not the content of the returned page.

But I am not sure exactly what it is you want - my understanding was
that you have:

/one/two/three

and want such a request to be processed as something like

/foobar.jsp?p1=one&p2=two&p3=three

This can be done with the rewrite functionality.

regards
Claus

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46