[opencms-dev] opencms 6 | problem mapping urls (w/o apache)

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Wed Jul 26 13:28:18 CEST 2006

hi claus, hi christian!

thanks for your answers, actually this was what i was looking for.

BUT: unfortunately (it came to my mind a few thoughts later), if i use
such a url rewriting, i'd have to re-implement all the link handling
stuff for the html-editors and widgets as well, e.g:

from the web-user's perspective: a link http://server/nice_uri is mapped
to http://server/ugly_uri?with=parameters.

but then the problem resides on the 'other side' (editor's perspective):
if an ugly link http://server/ugly_uri?with=parameters (another resource
in the vfs) is added in an html editor, a nice link
http://server/nice_uri should be created automatically.

has anybody implemented sth like this?

best regards!
joachim

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:16:33 +0200, "Claus Priisholm"
<cpr at codedroids.com> said:

> Christian Steinert wrote:
> > Claus Priisholm schrieb:
> >> If it is a rewrite filter you want, this one might do the trick:
> >> http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
> >>

> > Dear Claus
> >
> > This looks interesting. Have you had any experience with this?
> >
> > It seems to be a redirecter/rewriter like mod_proxy, so if I understand
> > correctly, then this filter would not change any CONTENT - it would not
> > rewrite hrefs inside a html page to point to the "nicer" link.
> > Correct?
> >

> > Christian
> >

> As I understand it, UrlRewrite is modelled over mod_rewrite rather than
> mod_proxy, which - as far as the url rewrite capabilities goes - is a
> good thing. But it also means that only deals with rewriting the request
> url, not the content of the returned page.
>
> But I am not sure exactly what it is you want - my understanding was
> that you have:
>
> /one/two/three
>
> and want such a request to be processed as something like
>
> /foobar.jsp?p1=one&p2=two&p3=three
>
> This can be done with the rewrite functionality.
>
> regards
> Claus

> --
> Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS