[opencms-dev] Spanish Localization

Cayetano hnzekto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:20:58 CEST 2006

Hello

>  The site http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencms-es-tr
> seems to be with no activity since last year (there's no files to download,

Sad but true, we tried to start the project as a spanish community of
OpenCms, and we started to translate the 6.0 workplace, but i suppose
that all of us were busy or bored to contribute. About the files is
not fully true, you can download the pre-alpha translation from the
CVS.

> no messages in forums,...).  I would like to know if there's another site to
> get a spanish localization module.

AFAIK no, by the way we could try again for the 6.2.x series. The
"only" problem that i see is the ugly translation procedure, just
because Alkacon doesn't help enough (IMHO) to synchronize the
messages.properties to messages_es.properties or whatever locale, like
i suppose they do with the messages_de.properties. So add that we
would have an external CVS/SVN manually synchronized on each release.

Does it exist any possibility from Alkacom to support an "external"
localization contributors?? Or at least, making easier the translation
procedure.

Cheers
--
Cayetano