[opencms-dev] Question about jsp.

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Thu Jul 27 10:14:49 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 09:19 Vardan Gevorgyan wrote:

> As I understand {$TOMCAT_HOME}\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\jsp is the
> directory where OpenCMS put projects jsp files.

No, it's not. OpenCms holds your JSPs in a database, the so called VFS
(virtual filesystem). You can only access these files via the OpenCms
workplace or via other OpenCms classes.

Ruben Malchow wrote an OpenCms module which allows FTP access to the VFS.

The directory you mentioned is in my understanding something like a cache
for OpenCms.

> As I say in my last letter I have made a project (cba), but in that
> directory I couldn't see folder with name cba. Why I ask, because I want
> to change that jsp's files and make my own template, using templateone.

If you want to change the template use the workplace and set the "template"
property of your JSPs. There is good documentation shipping with OpenCms
about how to write your own templates.

hth,
- martin
--