[opencms-dev] Question about jsp.

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Jul 27 14:47:31 CEST 2006

OpenCms JSPs are indeed held in the VFS and therefore the OpenCms database,
but on demand OpenCms writes these out as files for compilation by the
Tomcat JSP compiler - because by default that's the only way Tomcat can
compile and execute JSPs.  So when you define a JSP in the VFS and execute
it, you should expect also to see in the file system both the 'original' JSP
and a compiled (.class) version thereof.

Jon