[opencms-dev] OpenCMS won't run on Weblogic

Svjatoslav Agejenko n0 at hot.ee
Fri Jul 28 13:12:35 CEST 2006

Christian Steinert wrote:
> Does Websphere really destroy the whole servlet context?

> If the whole application is not shown as running in the admin tools of websphere then that *would* be an error.
> But the message you posted is normal and it's normal that opencms does not "boot", if the wizard is active.

Using debugging statements traced following functions in presented order
have been executed on  Weblogic
immediately after deployment.

OpenCmsListener.contextInitialized(...)
OpenCmsServlet.init(...)
    catched CmsInitException
    new ServletException(...) is thrown
OpenCmsListener.contextDestroyed(...)

Identical WAR on Tomcat:

OpenCmsListener.contextInitialized(...)
OpenCmsServlet.init(...)
    catched CmsInitException
    new ServletException(...) is thrown

It looks Weblogic destroyed whole servlet context
(OpenCmsListener.contextInitialized(...) function is called only once per
deployment attempt.)

Whole application is show as having failed status on Weblogic admin console.

> What is the URL of your opencms servlet context?

URL of the servlet context is "http://localhost:7001/opencms/"

Defined in web.xml:
    <context-param>
        <param-name>OpenCmsServlet</param-name>
        <param-value>/opencms/*</param-value>
    </context-param>

I have tried: http://localhost:7001/opencms/setup/

> What message do you get, if you try to access the setup wizard?

    Error 404--Not Found

I suppose context destruction is triggered by some bug?
Anybody know how to fix this ?
Thank you for help !