[opencms-dev] how to deploy my new website in another Tomcat

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Aug 1 17:30:15 CEST 2006

Hi Simon,

> You will basically need to export your module, install opencms on the new tomcat server then import your module to it. If there is a faster way though I too would love to know of it, for this does take some time to do, if you don't have opencms installed already.

There is a faster way, if you use the same database on both machines.
You can do a database dump on the source system and import the whole database on the new server.

If you use mysql then the program for this is mysqldump, which creates a big SQL file.
opencms4.1 can also export in ways that can be imported by mysql4.0 and 3.x.

I use something like this in a small script
_________
date=`date +%Y-%0m-%0d_%0H#%0M#%0S`
sqlfile="db_$date.sql.bz2"

mysqldump --flush-logs -u <YOUR-USERNAME> --password=<YOUR-PASSWORD>  <NAME_OF_YOUR_DB>  | bzip2 > $sqlfile
_________

Christian