[opencms-dev] how to deploy my new website in another Tomcat

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue Aug 1 20:27:06 CEST 2006

Gaith, Simon,

You don't need to install opencms, if you are using the same version.

To clone your opencms webapp under tomcat1 to tomcat2, if you have the same
DB, it would be sufficient to copy the whole opencms folder to tomcat2 and
adjust the Site Node in opencms-system.xml (server uri, and be aware if you
have a multisided installation, then you need the same tomcat ports defined
in server.xml).

If you have to move your db to another server:

With MySQL, if you have the same root user and opencms user on the same
mysql server with the same password, then you can copy the opencms db folder
from the data folder under mysql installation to the 2. mysql Server,
without to need the commands above or use any mysql administration tools.

If you have another db, let's say db2 (not IBM DB2 :-)), then you can dump
db1 from your fisrt db and import it into db2:

Dump your db from the 1. server

*       mysqldump -u root -p opencms > opencmsdb1.sql

Login to the 2. mysql server:

*       change to the bin folder of your mysql installation, e.g. cd
c:\mysql\bin

*

*       mysql -u root -p

*       enter password

mysql promt shall be shown:

*       use opencms; (you have to create opencms db and set permissions,
see: http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=18#33)

*       mysql -u root -p opencms < opencmsdb1.sql

HTH,

Regards,

Arash