[opencms-dev] Indexing and file creation

Jan.Hegewald at sdm.de Jan.Hegewald at sdm.de
Wed Aug 2 16:29:45 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I have two questions regarding OpenCms.
First of all the simple one: when the user creates new structured content in the workplace, there are two checkboxes presented to him: "Edit properties of the new file" and "Append '.html' suffix to name".
As I saw with template one content, such as "News article", there are no such checkboxes, so my question is how can I hide these checkboxes? (And I want the behavior as if they were unchecked, e.g. '.html' should not be appended to the newly created file)
The other question relates to indexing. I had to encounter that when I create a large number of documents programmatically, it takes quite long, since, as the log file shows, after every single creation of a resource the indexer tries to index the new content. So how could I switch the indexer temporarily off and back on after creating all documents?

Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards,
Jan