[opencms-dev] Indexing and file creation

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Aug 2 16:36:30 CEST 2006

Re the second question: indexing normally only takes place on publication of
a resource (which makes the offline index a bit pointless...).  If you're
programmatically adding files, can you arrange for them not to be published
until the end?

The other alternative is to set the indexing mode to 'manual' rather than
'auto': Workplace/Administration/Search Management/<index name>/Edit/Rebuild
mode.  If you want to do _that_ programatically, one way would be to change
the contents of opencms-search.xml (node
opencms/search/indexes/index/rebuild) and restart the server.

Jon