[opencms-dev] Problem with installation of opencms 6.2.2

Florian Hopf hopf at synyx.de
Sun Aug 6 15:35:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

Jens Kreutschmann schrieb:
> StandardContext[/opencms]: Error configuring application listener of class
> org.opencms.main.OpenCmsListener
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/opencms/main/OpenCmsListener
> (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
>
> I thought, if I upgrade to the latest java-version this would be gone, but
> it isn't.

This is indeed the error that comes up when you are trying to run Code
compiled with Java 5 on pre-5-VMs. Are you sure that you are running
tomcat with the Virtual Machine you are expecting? I don't have a Tomcat
4 here to test it, but on newer Tomcats you can go to localhost:8080 and
click on "Status" there. The page displays the Virtual Machine Tomcat is
running on.

Kind regards
Florian

--