[opencms-dev] Problem with installation of opencms 6.2.2

Jens Kreutschmann jens at nephila.de
Fri Aug 4 19:40:23 CEST 2006

Hello,
I try to install the latest opencms version, but I already get stuck at the
begining, when deploying the opencms.war. The opencms application doesnt get
started. I browsed some logs and faound this in the tomcatlogs:

StandardContext[/opencms]: Error configuring application listener of class
org.opencms.main.OpenCmsListener
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/opencms/main/OpenCmsListener
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

I thought, if I upgrade to the latest java-version this would be gone, but
it isn't.

I have now running:
- java 1.5.0_07
- tomcat 4.1.27

I can however install opencms version 6.0.4

Anyone who has an idea for me?

Jens