[SPAM] - [opencms-dev] CMS framework suggestion - Email found in subject

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 17:55:14 CEST 2006

On 8/7/06, Anthony Roy <aroy at hpi.co.uk> wrote:
> is hard to do (the bits we have figured out so far have turned out to be
> easy enough), but that the documentation is so poor.

I don't think they have ever stated it publicly, but I suspect that
Alkacon (the people/company who drive this project) have been hoping
that the community would pick up where they left off with the
documentation.

There is one barrier to a functioning "OpenCms Documentation Project":
it needs a strong leader. Someone to edit/collate contributions.
Someone close to the development process.

If Alkacon (or someone else with the time/resources) was to setup and
maintain a Wiki and create a skeleton Table Of Contents I suspect that
many of us would be able to contribute. I already have a few small
howtos in my Wiki (http://cms.galway.net:8080/OpenCmsWiki/ ) which I
would gladly copy/paste into an "official" wiki.

Over time a well maintained documentation Wiki would improve the
documentation situation dramatically.

Joe.