[opencms-dev] tomcat from eclipse (a bit OT)

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 13:45:43 CEST 2006

Also compare VM in -server vs -client mode. I recently switched from
the default client mode to the server mode (due to some odd behavior
in Hibernate 3.1 with the Linux VM in client mode) and boy it does
increase startup time a lot (20sec - 50sec). However I am assured from
many posts out there that once running, it runs significantly faster.

Because of that long delay during a restart I'm looking into the
possibility of temporarily starting another instance of Tomcat before
a restart and programming the Apache mod_proxy front end to switch to
that while I reboot the main instance of Tomcat. Has anyone tried
something like that before I go start researching how to go about
doing this?

Joe.