[opencms-dev] export / import user database

ruben martin ramartin1978 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 13:50:28 CEST 2006

Hello EveryB at dy,

My problem is very simple, but it  make me crazy / ..../   ../  ....

i have 6.0.3 opencms , and we want to migrate to 2.1, but we are very "men" and we would like to export all the user with his properties ( groups , permisions , etc ) from 6.0.3 and then , make an import into 2.1.

I make a snifing/ searchin / look at / look in / surfing  all web-world around and i did not find any tool into opencms which allow it. I find:

-You can export/import files and modules
- If you make and  export/import db  , you have problems with  table  cms_users, since it generate a  string  which depend on the  M.A.C , etc... etc...

Any help will be very gracefully and i think a lot of people in the future will have the same problem.

Peace / Best Regards

Ruben Martin

Correo Yahoo!