[opencms-dev] export / import user database

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Aug 8 18:44:56 CEST 2006

Hello EveryB at dy,

> My problem is very simple, but it  make me crazy / ..../   ../  ....
>
> i have 6.0.3 opencms , and we want to migrate to 2.1, but we are very "men" and we would like to export all the user with his properties ( groups , permisions , etc ) from 6.0.3 and then , make an import into 2.1.
>
> I make a snifing/ searchin / look at / look in / surfing  all web-world around and i did not find any tool into opencms which allow it. I find:
>
> -You can export/import files and modules
> - If you make and  export/import db  , you have problems with  table  cms_users, since it generate a  string  which depend on the  M.A.C , etc... etc...
>
> Any help will be very gracefully and i think a lot of people in the future will have the same problem.
>
> Peace / Best Regards
>
> Ruben Martin

Dear Ruben,

you can use the upgrade wizard to upgrade your system to 6.2.1 or 6.2.2
Of course you should do a database dump before, just to be prepared if something goes wrong, but for me it worked well.

If you really want to export and import your data, you can use the "export database" function (it's in the Administration view under "database tools").
This function should export user data. I don't think that different MAC addresses of your computers will cause trouble with this. Where do you have this information from?
What is not exported with this function are web users. If you use web users, then I don't know how you would export and import them.

Hope that helps
Christian