[opencms-dev] Re: JSTL Expression Language and OpenCms Macro Excpressions

Toni PĂ©rez tp.ocms at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 14:35:11 CEST 2006

On 11/08/06, Fabian Huber <fabian.huber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to use the JSTL Taglibs in my OpenCms project. For this, I copied the
> archives and added the necessary tags in my web.xml. First I thought
> everything works fine. But now I found a problem with the Macro Expressions
> of OpenCms and the expression language of the Taglibs. Both of them look
> like this
>
> ${....}
>
> and that's a problem. Because I get a runtime error, when pages with macros
> are called (e.g. "attribute param does not except expressions according to
> the tld"). The macros are interpreted as expression language.
>
> Are there any workarounds for this problem?

Hello, Fabian.

We are using the JSTL 1.0.6 packaged with the OpenCms distribution
without problems.
For example, if we need to use the core tags we include the following
line in the JSP:
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>

We didn't need to copy any file nor to modify the "web.xml".

Do you need to use a higher version of JSTL?

I hope that helps you.
Regards.
    Toni.