[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6 contet distribution/delivery options

Harri Johansson harrijo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 11:16:47 CEST 2006

> basically there are two things coming to my mind:
>
> 1 - opencms has a static export feature. Content that is published, can
> be written out to the filesystem and then served statically

Yes, I'm aware of the export feature and I have studied that as an option.

2 - there is a commercial module from Alkacon that allows to do staging
> between opencms servers. This allows to do content creation on one
> server and then the content can be replicated to a productive server (or
>  several of them as this module is also said to support clustering of
> opencms servers). I have no experience with it, however.

I'd like to keep OpenCMS as far from the actual on-line transaction ie.
last-mile content delivery as possible. To keep architecture clear and to
eliminate all unnecessary failure points and performance bottle necks the
separate application server will handle the content delivery to the users
from separate repository to which OpenCMS should deploy it's content.