[opencms-dev] menu help needed

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Aug 26 12:17:29 CEST 2006

> If that makes any sense to you.
>
> The only way I can see to do this is create a tree structure using the
> navigation elements but I don’t want to reinvent the wheel if there is
> an easier way of doing it, or if someone has some code I could use.

The navigation elements are exactly meant for this, so that would be the way to do it.

Usually the problem is that every website is a bit different, so if Template One or the free template module in the modules sandbox of opencms.org does not do what you want then you have to write your own code.

You can also use the taglib and content collectors instead of writing java code, but the principle is the same - it's just a different way of expressing what you do now with your java code.
Take a look at the Alkacon docs for the opencms taglib if your are interested.

by the way: instead of writing
      out.print("...");
    }

you can also write
      %>...<%
    }

But that is a matter of personal preference of course

christian