AW: [opencms-dev] Clustering Opencms 6.2.2

christian meyer christian.meyer at virtual-identity.com
Mon Aug 28 07:58:57 CEST 2006

Hi!

I hope i've understand you correctly. You have different Tomcat instances (maybe on different machines), without the Alkacon-Cluster-Component or maybe another Cluster component?
If you press the "Clear Cache" Button or if you publish some stuff an event will fired clearing the local cache. This means in general the different Opencms-Instances doesn't know each other.
If you want to distribute an event to other system you've to add an Event-Listener listening to the publish event, sending this event to another CMS-Instance (e.g. via HTTP calling a special target page) and fire this event as a local event on the other machine (->OpenCms.fireEvent(iEventType) have a look on the API for more details).

Hope this will help a bit...

Kind Regards

Christian Meyer