[opencms-dev] Holding Database Connection and Performance Issue.

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 17:37:33 CEST 2006

Unless you have a dedicated high bandwidth connection linking your app
server and DB, I would strongly recommend that you try to host your
database and app server as close as possible (ie in the same room or
building).

With a long distance standard internet link (no matter how fast) you
are likely to have periods where you will suffer some network
congestion and packets will be dropped.  Even a fraction of a percent
packet loss is likely to have a huge negative impact on your site
performance.

The stale connection problem is likely to be a different problem. Can
you post the exception to the list?

Joe.