[opencms-dev] Webuser access rights issues

Arthur Yeung arthur.yeung at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 01:37:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to grant Webuser +w(write) Permission to a specify resource file,
so that the Webuser can change the values and publish it.  For my info, all
Webusers are in the "Guests" Group.  So I granted Permissions to Guests
Group with (+r+w+v+c+d) for  a file ie. "/data/test.html"

And I'm reading values from and writing values to /data/test.html as
follows:

CmsFile f = obj.readFile("/data/test.html");
out.println("filename= "+f.getName()+"<br>");
String data = new String(f.getContents());
out.println("data= "+ data+"<br>");
data+="some new string";
f.setContents(data.getBytes());
obj.lockResource(f.getName());
f=obj.writeFile(f);

But somehow, when I login as a Webuser, I got an error trying to lock the
resource file "/data/test.html", and therefore I cant write to the file nor
publish it.

Are Webusers unable to be given a (+w) Permission to any resource ?

Arthur