[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Path (/opencms/opencms)

SCHEDENIG Marian Marian.Schedenig at qualysoft.com
Thu Aug 31 18:54:47 CEST 2006

Hi!

I apologise if this question has been asked before. All the answers I have been able to find require the installation of an Apache HTTPD, which I am trying to avoid.

Our client currently has the OpenCMS running under an URL like this:
http://www.client.org:8080/opencms/opencms/ClientSite/

And, for obvious reasons, wants to switch this to:
http://www.client.org/

Since they already have an IIS running for some pages, we want to avoid installing an Apache (which would then have to redirect to IIS for these pages). Also, I don't know anything about configuring an IIS. The best solution for us would therefore be to have Tomcat run on port 80, with the root directory "mapped" to /opencms/opencms/ClientSite/, and move the IIS to another port (which would not be a problem).

So our problem is: Is there a way to make Tomcat/OpenCMS handle the / URI like /opencms/opencms/ClientSite? I've been able to remove the ClientSite part by linking a index.jsp directly in /sites/default/, but I have not found a way to get rid of /opencms/opencms/. I suppose it would involve changing both the Tomcat and the OpenCMS configurations, but I'm not even sure it can be done.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Marian.