[opencms-dev] how to access url displayed in browser's address bar

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Tue Sep 5 14:48:13 CEST 2006

Hi andras and shi,

I make a mistake when I started this talk and shi got it. that's why you may also be right but I'm proxing in a different way, cause I have apache proxing for Tomcat as well.

Apache -> Tomcat -> opencms 5.0

Yes i am still stick to old opencms version, it is a long story.

So, the original request is made to apache. It internally rewrite the address and passed to Tomcat. By some means I need the original request to apache (the one in the address bar) which I have found one may fake and end up in other place of the server or change connection protocol without previous notice.

An example might be the following: some request is made through https to apache it proxies it to opencms without changing the scheme, but this internal comunication is made throuhg http. I have configured the system that way since opencms 5 has some problems with https scheme.

Browser-request---https--->Apache---http--->Opencms

Any request at opencms level is allways made over http scheme. Thus, Opencms is inherently blind to the first scheme. Such mechanism is  bit weak cause some source restricted to https can also be retrieved by http scheme. There enters the need to check the address in the bar, there I can check that the https mechanism is observed otherwise I force it.

I hope this information is complete. I'll look on mod_jk for apache as well. hope to find a solution soon,

best regards,

arian