[opencms-dev] embed tag and auto-rewriting for export?

Marcus Popetz marcus at roundpeg.com
Thu Sep 7 17:43:43 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have a statically exported directory "/assets/" which is setup and
working fine for images.

ie:  When a user specifies src="/assets/blah.gif" it gets rewritten to
/export/sites/www/assets/blah.gif" in the online site.

I'me wondering if it's possible to make opencms do the same for .swfs
and the embed tag?

ie:  <embed src="/assets/blah.swf" gets rewritten to <embed
src="/export/sites/www/assets/blah.swf"

.swf is specified as one of the export types in importexport.xml so
I'm wondering what else I can do to make it rewrite things properly?

The only way I've found to make it work is to explicitly refer to them
via their /export/... path when writing the .html

Help?

-mp