[opencms-dev] purge jsp repository + alkacon ocee clustering?

Marcus Popetz marcus at roundpeg.com
Tue Sep 12 19:42:50 CEST 2006

I have the alkacon clustering module running with two production servers in
the cluster.  This is a brand new setup and I just witnessed the following
weird behavior and am trying to track it down before it happens again.

Accessing a jsp page directly on the first server (not going through the
load balancer) and it works.  Accessing it on the second directly, gives a
blank page.

prod1/calendar.jsp <- worked fine.
prod2/calendar.jsp <- blank page.

Clicking the "purge jsp repository"  on the workplace server (prod1) made
the prod2/calendar.jsp page work.

This happened on several different pages.  I ran a wget -mirror on both
sites and then did a diff -r -w on the two results and, after the jsp purge,
all is well.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

I'm wondering if the jsp repository is not getting purged by publish
events?  although I can't imagine that being the case...

Thoughts?
-mp